What's Cookin' Good Lookin'

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.
~Harriet van Horne

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Flavored Whipped Cream

I'm not sure if any of you have noticed that there is now such a thing as liquor infused whipped cream in a can... crazy? delicious? ingenious? This product comes in a variety of flavors as well.. chocolate, cherry, vanilla. At a recent visit to the Rehab lounge, I had the opportunity to try this new product. Now one would think that combining delicious whipped cream and liquour would make for a fabulous combo, perfect for topping coffee, fruit, white Russians..etc. however, this was not the case.
Now the story does not end here... a bad experience with canned whipped cream has never held me back and as a wise woman once said, "Why buy whipped cream when it is So easy to make!" So I did what any intelligent woman would do.. made my own.

In my fabulous mixer, I combined 1 cup of heavy cream, 2 Tbl of sugar and 2 Tbl of Kahlua. Mix until peaks form.
Serve this over strawberries with optional shortcake on the bottom.

Result- Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment