What's Cookin' Good Lookin'

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.
~Harriet van Horne

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Warming Up a Winter Night with Some Hot Italian

Most of the time I spend at the gym is spent thinking/salivating over the delicious things I will be able to when I get home! Last night, (with a little help from my new RachyRay Cookbook and the Hothotdish) I cooked up the most perfect little meal.

Chicken Stuffed Florentine with Spinach-Mushroom Risotto

Take 3/4 cup of ricotta cheese, 1 cup of previously frozen spinach, 2 chopped cloves of garlic sprinkly of salt n' peppa and mix er up. Rach added some roasted pine nuts but alas I had none (it still turned out great).
Slice 4 chicken breasts in half and stuff with a scoop of delicious filling... then wrap those breasts in prosciutto/God's gift to man (unfortunately I had none of this either so I used thin sliced ham-still pig, still delicious). Rub with a bit of olive oil and bake in your oven on a cookie sheet at 400degrees for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.

In the meantime, prepare yourself some risotto!! I used Megan's previously mentioned recipe but I added some mushrooms to the onions in the beginning, left out the shrimp and used spinach instead of arugula.. Voila side dish perfection!!! You may be thinking... spinach overkill but no sir you are wrong. Spinach is delicious and if Popeye is any proof it's good for you too! I beat a cold in 1 day by combining the power foods of clementines, spinach and Scotch ale.. but that's a tale for another day.

When your chicken and risotto is complete, serve it up with a tasty little field green salad, a glass of vino (dry and red just how I like it) and a healthy helping of Alex Trebek.
Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

  1. Popeye KNOWS! I'm glad you're turning into a green machine. Neopolitans everywhere will be proud to call you their own.

    Sounds delish! I may have to go visit our friend Elijah at DiBruno's cheese shop to score some prociutto. Oh la la. Maybe get some triple creamed goat cheese while I'm at it. Anyway. Love your hot cookin'.

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete