What's Cookin' Good Lookin'

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.
~Harriet van Horne

Monday, May 16, 2011

Just Another Reason I Adore My Food Processor

I know many of you have probably heard my raves of the joy of a food processor and it's may wonders and if you haven't you probably don't really want to.. but I'll say it again a food processor is an uber-necessary kitchen appliance. I would choose it over my microwave, toaster, and blender. The only appliances that beat it out are my coffee pot and Kitchen Aid although that probably goes without saying.
So I have here for you all one of my favorite recipes in which a food processor is oh so necessary... If you do not have one, buy one!! or you can probably use a blender or fork (if you're hard core) to mash the ingredients in this yummy dish but seriously buy yourself a food processor. You can thank me later.

Black Bean Burgers

Put half of a red onion and 3 cloves of garlic in food processor. Chop into small pieces.
Add 1 Tbl of olive oil, 1 Tbl. of cumin, 1 Tbl of cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, 1 can of black beans. Blend into a paste.

In a bowl scramble an egg. Add bean paste and 1/4 cup of bread crumbs. You can also at this point add some chopped peppers or corn or any other little ditties.
Heat a large skillet and grease with olive oil. Plop some burger paste in pan and press into a patty. Cook about 5 minutes each side on medium heat or until browned.

You can serve this little guys in many ways... On a bun like a real burger, over a bed of lettuce.
I chose to top them with some sauteed spinach and green onions and serve with a side of sliced tomatoes, potato salad and a hoppy Red Ale brewed by friend Kyle. Perfect accompaniment for this spicy little treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment