What's Cookin' Good Lookin'

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.
~Harriet van Horne

Saturday, March 5, 2011

currently salivating...

I am watching Nigella Express right now and can I just tell you all how much I love her? she makes everything sound sooooooooooo...titillating. like, literally. I watch her and I get a girl boner over her food. so I haven't even tried this but the way she made it sound ("blue cheese and avocado make for a wonderful pair...so soft and creamy...") made me immediately sign on here to show you this recipe. Nigella is amazing. when can we try this?

Roquamole:
1/4 c. blue cheese - roquefort or st. agur
1/4 c. sour cream
2 ripe avocados
2 tbsp. finely sliced scallions
1 jalapeno, minced
1/4 tsp. paprika

combine everything and mash it - sprinkle with paprika and serve with blue corn tortilla chips.

some people on the reviews online say to add lime to keep the avocados green, which I'd have no problem with. some also say that the blue cheese is a bit overpowering, but obviously they're not cheese snobs like myself.

sooo WHO WANTS TO TRYYY IT!?? taco night?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my this sounds divine.
    Have I ever told you about my obsession with avocadoes.. it's serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it - crazy combo but it's pretty damn awesome. use lots of lime, maybe even double the chilis if you're up to it.

    ReplyDelete