What's Cookin' Good Lookin'

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.
~Harriet van Horne

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

mex-i-CAN.

I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD! I can't find many amazing recipes that really stick out to me and make me want to eat them over and over again. I always end up making some sort of taco because that's the fastest, easiest way to get my mexican food fix - today I wanted to try something different and I am so happy I did. these enchiladas are so much fresher and nicer tasting than the ones I've had in days past. I think I'd have enjoyed it more if it hadn't snowed 5 inches too - I definitely need these with a corona sitting in my back yard. ahhhh.

sour cream chicken enchiladas (makes 12 enchiladas)
1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cup of sour cream (I used light)
14 oz jalapeno salsa
14 oz green chili salsa (with the salsa, just grab two that look good. I love Jack's Natural so I used a tub of his screamin' hot salsa with some wegman's roasted salsa verde. those were goooood choices. definitely nice and spicy but not overpowering)
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
1 onion, finely diced
12 6in flour tortillas
2 c. cheddar cheese

mix the cilantro, sour cream, all of the jalapeno salsa and about a quarter of the green chili salsa (you want this sauce to have the hotter of the salsas in it, but a little of the other one) together. in another bowl, combine the chicken, onion and the rest of the salsa. put enough of the sour cream mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 pan to cover the bottom. take the flour tortillas and put about 2 spoonfuls of the chicken inside and roll them up. put them seam-side down in the pan on top of the sour cream. top with the rest of the sour cream mixture and top with shredded cheese. bake at 350 for 30 minutes and serve with guacamole and ...more sour cream ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment